Foods Can Cure Physical Pains and Aches – Here’s How
Foods can cure physical pains and aches, so “Let food be thy medicine, and thy medicine be food”. It’s the most famous quote by the greatest physician of all time and founder of the profession of medicine–Hippocrates. Simply put, food can be a cure for a lot of things and has been for thousands of years. Very thick books on medicinal foods exist, yet today we narrow down to 12 conditions and their food cures. Therefore, if you have an ache or itch, there’s a good chance one of the foods below might fix you.
Foods Can Cure Physical Pains and Aches—Here’s the Major Twelve
This fruit is a proven cure for aching joints because of its richness in bromelain. Bromelain is an enzyme whose core function is inflammation reduction and nutrient processing. As such, an aching joint can be cured by a generous share of pineapple. However, the pineapple will work way faster with a supportive kick from the berries and fruits in the recipe below:
- Put 2 cups of diced pineapple into a bowl
- Add 2 bananas, diced
- 1 cored Fuji apple, diced
- A cup of seedless grapes
- 1 cup of strawberries, diced
- Add 1 cup of cantaloupe, diced
- 1 cup of Blueberries,
- Mix well in a bowl and serve in 1-cup portions.
- Make sure to have the fruit as fresh as possible; freshly harvested if possible, for the best results.
Ginger mint tea
There are many causes of stomach aches. Motion sickness, nausea and indigestion are among the most common causes. No matter the cause, homemade ginger mint tea will always fix the stomach ache. Ginger and mint are naturally cures for bloating and gassing in man and animals alike. The curative properties of the two plants come from juices they contain that, in man, relaxing and soothing intestinal muscles. In addition to the above, you’ll be glad to note that the recipe is very simple as shown below:
- Peel a stick of ginger and slice it into the thinnest pieces possible
- Boil 2 cups of water and add the ginger slices along with 2 mint leaves
- Let simmer for 20 minutes
- Add honey and lemon to taste
- Serve while hot.
Spinach-white bean salad
If you wake up with a cramping left leg or can barely flex your thighs after a jog, you are low on magnesium, potassium and protein. Finding yourself low on the above nutrients means you need spinach-white bean salad and you need it bad. There are score of curative nutrients you are going to gain from this salad. However, for the recipe to get your legs back on track you need to get the recipe right, thus:
- Slice 1 hard-boiled egg
- To the egg, add 1 sliced Roma tomato
- Add 1/8 sliced or diced red onion
- And 2 cups of clean, freshly cut baby spinach
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Toss till salad is well-mixed
Heartburn sucks. Unfortunately, we have them all the time. It happens when acid crawls up the esophagus from the stomach, scorching the esophagus wall and messing up your day. Now, banana oatmeal cooked in almond milk absorbs the acid, neutralizes it and coats the esophagus against further heartburn. Follow the recipe below:
In a sauce pan, whisk the following:
- Almond milk, 1 cup
- A tablespoon of honey
- Half a mashed banana
- 1teaspoon of almond extract
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon extract.
- Boil the mixture
- Add half a cup of rolled oats and simmer for 7 minutes
- Pour the mixture in a bowl
- To the mixture, slice and add the remaining half of a banana and serve.
Muscle inflammation is a product of too much C-reactive protein concentrated in working muscles. The remedy for this is a slow and steady consumption of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory fatty acids. A mix of cashew nuts, walnuts, almonds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds spiced with dark chocolate is ideal for many reasons. In addition, walnuts directly stabilize the body’s C-reactive balance. Complementing them are walnuts and almonds which contain omega 3 fats which are ideal natural anti-inflammatory compounds. Most of all, dried fruit and chocolate should be added as they are super antioxidants.
To cook up this remedy, follow the recipe below.
- Put 2 cups of walnuts in a large bowl
- Add 2 cups of cashews
- 1 cup of dried apricots
- Dried papaya and pineapple, 1 cup each
- Pumpkin sunflower seeds, ½ cup each
- 1 cup of silvered toasted almonds
- A cup of dark chocolate chips.
- Put 1 cup portions into Ziploc bags and serve at your convenience.
Tart cherry smoothie
Dehydration, low blood sugar, stress and muscle tension are among the commonest causes of headaches. Cherry’s secret against headaches is that it contains polyphenol and melatonin. These rare compounds decompose into nitric oxide once in the brain and function to relax the nerves and blood muscles. In this way, cherry becomes one of the best known remedies for headaches. The recipe below directs the making of a cherry remedy for headaches:
Blend the following:
- 2 cups of seedless tart cherries
- A cups of freshly washed and chopped cherry
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- A tablespoon of ground flax seed
- ½ a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Add water and water (and ice, if you like) to desired consistency
General Aches and Pains
I know you’re thinking, “Just water…? Really?”
Water makes up a huge percentage of the human body. As such, the lack of water in the system can worsen general fatigue and any illnesses one may have. Probably many people do not even notice that most migraines grow weaker with a consistent intake of water. Constipation, joint aches, dizziness and dry eyes are just a few of the illnesses that water helps cure.
The best part of this remedy is that it has a very simple recipe as shown below:
Grab a glass, fill it with clean water, and then drink your way to good health.
Diseases and Illnesses.
Omega 3 fats is one of the most recommended remedies for joint inflammation. It is also one of the nutrients most abundant in cooked salmon. As much as salmon is powerful on its own, it still needs a punch. Therefore, using basil, garlic, olive oil and lemon as complementary ingredients whenever you cook your salmon will work magic. The recipe below used on a regular basis, should do better than most antibiotics to relieve the pain of arthritis.
Create a marinade using the following ingredients:
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- Tablespoon of dried basil
- Teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
- Teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Marinate 2, six-ounce salmon fillets for 1 to 1.5 hours
- Set the oven to 375 Fahrenheit and seal the salmon in aluminum foil
- Bake till it easily flakes
Chamomile tea with honey and lemon
Chamomile has been used as a curative herb for over 5000 years. First of all, that makes it one of the oldest herbs known to man. Important to observe is the fact that the soreness of throat muscle inflammation can be promptly cured by chamomile. Especially relevant to this remedy is honey can be added due to its healing properties. Also, lemon is also added for its anti-bacterial properties, forming the recipe below:
- Boil a cup of water
- Add a slice of lemon and a tablespoon of honey
- Add the chamomile tea in the hot mixture. 2 teabags are recommended for a stronger tea.
Basil fixes sun burn pimples and everything in between because of a compound called camphene richly contained in basil. This compound is one of the most powerful natural disinfectants. The camphene-containing oils of basil clean out pores and cleanse the skin. Because of the above properties, basil is probably the most powerful herb for eliminating pimples and rashes. Furthermore, basil can speed up healing and can therefore be used on wounds and applied along with antibiotics. To use basil, strictly follow the recipe below:
- Crush 1 cup of basil leaves
- Add 1 teaspoon of water for sunburns. For insect bites, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply gently to the skin over a span of 30 minutes
- Rinse off the substance with lots of water.
Chips and guacamole
Along with cayenne pepper and garlic, avocado can cure pain. Due to its richness in anti-inflammatory oils and juices, avocado can that swiftly ease pain in almost every tissue. Carotenoids, a rather tissue strengthening nutrient, is especially abundant in avocado. Therefore, next time you see a herbalist caking their face in avocado, you should quickly do the same. With a few more additives, garlic, cayenne pepper and guacamole make both a good snack and remedy as shown below:
- Mash 3 peeled and pitted avocados in a bowl
- Put the juice of a single lime
- Add a teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of diced onion and mix
- 2 diced Roma plum tomatoes and mix
- 3 tablespoons of cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh, ground garlic
- Add a pinch of cayenne garlic
- Mix thoroughly and let the mixture meld for an hour
- Serve with high-fiber corn chips.
Urinary Tract Infections
Unsweetened probiotic yogurt with blueberries
Finally, especially relevant food can treat UTIs. Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) happen when the healthy bacterial balance in the urinary tract is offset. Unsweetened probiotic yogurt re-establishes the balance while the blueberries fortify the urinary tract walls against UTI-causing bacteria called E. Coli. The recipe for preparing this remedy is outlined below:
- To 1 cup of probiotic yogurt, add ½ cup of blue berries
- Stir thoroughly to get a good mixture.
- It is recommended that this mixture be eaten thrice a day until the UTI disappears.
So the cure isn’t so far from you…
You have discovered that the cure for these common aches isn’t so far from you, because the discussed foods help alleviate and eliminate them. That foods can cure physical pains and aches is no secret any more. All you need is to know the right food for the pain you suffer from. The food will treat you, rather than having to go for expensive and sometimes unsafe medications. As such, you can satisfy your hunger pains while treating yourself of the pains attacking you. There you go. Let food be thy medicine, and thy medicine be food.