Develop a Positive Self Image for Success
To lead a life of achievement you need to develop a positive self image. You must be right with yourself. Also be comfortable with yourself. Develop confidence, focus and commitment to your goals in life. You develop a positive self image through conscious decision and effort. So, you have to work at it. You need to build a positive mental image of the person you want to be. Hence, create a vivid picture of how you want to look like. What you will eat and where you will live? How you will dress, and how will your walk, move and gestures? Where will you work and what the kind of friends will you have? Which places you will visit?So, create a solid picture of the life you want to lead. Moreover, see and focus mentally on your life as you desire it.
Develop Blue Print
When you are satisfied with picture you have created, use the techniques of auto suggestion. These techniques will help you to embed the blue print in your sub conscious mind. In fact, your subconscious mind is the most powerful part of you, of your mind. It is the subconscious that connects you the powers of the universe. It also harnesses that power to help you achieve your goals.
When the blue print is firmly hosted in the subconscious mind its execution will be automatic. However, if you don’t entrench your new image in the sub conscious mind, your effort at new life will be in vain. You will succeed briefly then relapse to your old ways. This is because the subconscious mind will thwart your efforts. This is the reason why many people who take up self improvement programs, fail and return to ‘business as usual’.
Adopt Positive Values
First of all, start building your positive self image by deciding on the positive values you will adopt. In fact, these values will be the foundation of your new life. They will anchor your character. And also govern your relationships with yourself and with the world. It is these values that will direct you and determine the quality of your life. They will define your mentality and the kind of friends you will attract. Positive values include wisdom, generosity, open mindedness, tolerance, health, and love. They also include reliability, beauty, honest, integrity, faithfulness, family, wealth, TC.
Make Reading a Habit
More so, the habit of reading will be very helpful in this task. So, develop a habit of reading motivation and self improvement books. In this way, you will learn about values and how to access and use your subconscious mind. They are many self improvement books. In fact, books by Dale Carnegie and Napoleon Hill are classics. There are also many modern writers. Besides, the books of Psalms and Proverbs are a great source of wisdom. Try to read them even if you are not a Christian or even religious. Moreover, you can read, listen or watch them. It depends on the medium that suits you best.
Take Care of Your Body
A positive self image reflects on your body too. Your body is a living temple. Also your health is your wealth, treat it well. So, exercise and eat well. The best way to start taking care of your body is to begin small. Over a reasonable period of time make changes to your diet and physical activity. Besides, you need to exercise more often and have a balanced diet. Also, eat less! Choose physical activity and nutritional changes that you can fit into your daily activities. In this way, you will be able to stick to them for the long term.
The amount of physical exercise you need depends on your age. Adults between 15 and 65 years old should have about 150 minutes of moderate exercise or physical activity. Moreover, which ever physical program you take up, make sure it includes cardiovascular and weight training regimes. In fact, through physical activity and exercise you will avoid the chronic diseases that plague inactive and overweight people.
Benefits of Exercise:
- More energy
- Increased alertness
- Increased productivity
- Fewer health problems
- A long productive life
To stay physically healthy through diet you need to make sure are eating the right food.
- Eat fresh and healthy food: Go for fresh healthy, low fat and nutrient rich foods. Ensure your diet has enough vegetables and fruits. Vegetables help you lose weight because they contain fiber that makes you feel full and do not add calories.
- Eat food rich in fiber: Foods rich in fiber fill you for longer. As a result you don’t feel the hunger pangs that make you reach for that unhealthy snack.
- Eat whole fruits: Eating the whole fruit fills you up because the act of chewing the fruit alerts to your brain that you have had something to eat. Also the raw fruit contains fiber. Juices lack the fiber and are high in calories. So, drinking juice can lead to weight gain.
- Eat water rich foods: Medical professionals say that eating foods rich in water lowers body mass index. The water in these foods keeps you full for longer meaning you eat less overall. This includes fruits such as grapefruit, watermelons, strawberries, peaches, and vegetables such as celery, lettuce, and cucumber.
- Include good fats to your diet: Studies have proved that monounsaturated fats help people burn fat. More so, it helps you reduce the fat in your mid section. These foods include almonds, kalamata olives, olive oil, flax seeds and avocado.
- Eat more protein: It keeps you full longer, because it takes more time to be digested. It also needs more calories to be digested. This helps you lose weight.
- Eat nutrient rich foods: These are also known as super foods, such as quinoa. It is a complete protein and is also rich in minerals.
- Eat fat burning foods: Foods like chili, berries, whole grain and green tea have been proven to help in weight loss.
- Eat more soup: First of all, starting with a soup makes you eat less. Also, these have low calories.
- Drink more water: In fact, staying well hydrated makes you less hungry. It also keeps your hair shinier and your skin clearer.
- Make breakfast your main meal: Your body requires more energy in the day. Also eat a smaller lunch and eat least at night.
- Take your multivitamins: Vitamins will help you to lower your appetite.
- Stay away from unhealthy foods loaded with empty calories: These have no nutritional value. Yet, they are rich in calories. These include cakes, sodas, donuts, bacon, sausages, ice cream, cookies, pastries, donuts, energy drinks hot dogs, fruit drinks, pizza, etc.
- Be well groomed: Buy the best clothes you can afford. Dress everyday like it’s the best day of your life because it is! Also, get a hair cut or have your hair done. Be clean, take care of body, your nails, hands, and feet, pamper yourself! So, make sure you are presentable. Remember that you are a child of the universe. And so you are unlimited as the endless universe. In fact, you were created to be free and to live by your own free will. In fact, you can be anything you want to be, and you are the best! So, have a positive self image, be proud of yourself, and show it!
Work on Yourself Esteem
Overcome low esteem through positive body language. So, dress as best as you can, and walk with your head held high. Place your feet firmly on the ground one in front of the other, and also swing your arms. Yes, walk in that somewhat military style. Sit upright on your chair, and avoid hand to face gestures they prompt negative thoughts. Also learn to smile, and feel good to be alive. Besides, adopt positive self talk and stop those self put downs. In fact, tell yourself that you able, you are good looking, interesting, intelligent, generous, worth, reliable, and responsible. Tell yourself that you are hard working, blessed, and life is good. Moreover, that you enjoy being alive.
Focusing on the needs of others, more so the less fortunate and the disadvantaged, enhances your self esteem. It motivates you and keeps you calm and of clear mind. In fact, it helps you to stay focused and goal oriented. Above all, it gives you a positive outlook, one of faith, hope and optimism. Seek opportunities to give, and to help others. Most of all, volunteering to a worth cause helps you develop a positive self image. This is because you will feel good about yourself. You will also realize that you are able and worthy, and that life is good!
A positive mentality is important in developing a positive self image. Your mental disposition determines your reaction to whatever situation confronts you. Your self image and personality are defined by your mental attitude. Great people have learned how to keep their minds positive. They have a positive mentality and a positive self image. They focus on the good things, and look at the bright side. So, they see what is possible, the good things that can be. Besides, they have learned how to keep their minds focused on what they desire in life. So they know their mission and their dreams in life. As a result they are achievers.
Know Yourself: Get self-knowledge. So, be aware of your talents, gifts and passions. Use these to build visions of things you want to achieve. Develop knowledge of the opportunities and needs around you. More so, take the initiative to meet these needs and use the opportunities by employing your talents and gifts. Serve and inspire people, and offer unconditional love. A life of giving service will bring out the best and purest in you, physically, mentally and spiritually.
Have a Positive Outlook: Look at the bright side. Learn to focus on the good things in life. In fact, your mind will physically create the circumstances that continually occupy it. So, if you have a positive mentality and self image, you will attract positive circumstances, good tidings, love and happiness.
Control Your Mind: Life is about choice and consequences, cause and effect. In fact, it is these that determine your destiny. Your mind and mental attitude is the only thing you can control. Moreover, you have a choice there too. Either you control it and make it positive or relinquish control to other forces and people. So, if you relinquish the control your mind becomes like log floating in the ocean. You are tossed here and there, and easily fall prey to negative influences. Without control your mind losses its effectiveness. It becomes like a withered body organ. With exercise, control and direction the mind is one of the most powerful organs or instruments in the universe.
You can on only have a positive mentality by building it. You do it step by step, through your own conscious decision and effort. The first step to a positive mentality is the habit of moving purposely toward a define goal, dream or mission. In fact, without a definite desire in life it will be difficult to stay positive. This is because your mind is open to lazy and negative attitudes and influences. So, decide what to want to achieve in life, your mission or dream. Finally, let your dream posses you. In fact, it must be the overriding purpose and anchor of your life.
Achievement is as a result of controlling the mind. It is about maintaining a positive mentality and positive self image. As a result, you can handle any situation you are faced with. The situation is a fact, whether it is favorable or unfavorable depends on your reaction and that is what counts with you. As a positive thinker with a positive self image you must be aware of your choices. And also react in a manner and with a purpose most suited to your best interests. This is the mastery of the situation.