Bodybuilding supplements: All you need to know
When you think of the gym, it is hard not to think about supplements especially if you are into bodybuilding. If you are new to bodybuilding supplements, it can be quite hard to understand the why and how of these supplements.
All supplements aren’t meant for everyone. Some bodybuilding supplements are meant to help you cut and achieve a leaner look. Others are meant for weight gain and help you achieve a well-rounded physique.
Here’s what you need to know about common supplements:
- Protein Supplements: Most diets do not contain enough protein. This is detrimental to progress especially if you are working hard in the gym. Protein is vital to the body. It helps you develop lean muscle and help your cells grow and repair faster. Usually, you need 25-30 grams of protein as supplements. The market is flooded with such protein supplements – soy, milk and whey protein. Whey protein is among the most popular proteins among people who are looking to increase body mass. If you are looking for an overall supplement, try Animal Pak. It contains protein and vitamins among all other nutrients your body needs.
- GABA supplements: This is considered the most important amino acid for someone who wants a complete transformation. Don’t try this if you are cavalier about the gym. This is only meant for serious athletes. This potent amino acid stimulates secretion of Human Growth Hormone. This helps increase muscle and body mass. Taking too much of this supplement can cause fat loss so be careful about the dosage.
- DHEA supplements: Among one of the controversial supplements, DHEA is often abused by athletes. This is because DHEA can raise testosterone levels and testosterone is responsible for muscle gain. But this should only be taken under strict supervision. In excess amounts, it can cause fat loss. DHEA shouldn’t be taken for prolonged periods of time. Overdoing it can cause hormonal imbalance. If muscle building is your goal, give Animal Stak a try.
- Glutamine supplements: If you indulge in strenuous workouts, you should consider glutamine supplements. This can help you reach your goals in a short period of time. This amino acid helps you repair muscles. Glutamine supplements are incredibly useful in reducing that soreness that most people experience after a session at the gym.
Other things to remember while taking supplements
- Always consult a certified trainer or your doctor before you start taking supplements.
- Don’t start taking supplements if you are relatively new to the gym. Supplements should be taken only when your trainer suggests it.
- Be wary of creatine, Creatine is supposed to make more muscles look bugger but doesn’t have any real effects on your muscle gain. If your aim is to gain muscle, then try protein supplements. Creatine will only make you feel energetic.
- Don’t overdo the supplements: If your aim is to gain weight and not develop muscles, supplements can be detrimental to your progress.
- Stay hydrated while taking supplements. This is useful as it helps your body recover faster from a workout and helps your muscles grow. It is also useful as it can flush out excess supplements that can potentially harm the body.