13 Legitimate Ways to Make Money Online
Making money online has become popular among many people. Students and staying-at-home parents can find good ways of earning income. For a long time, many people think it’s difficult working online. In fact, some people think it is unrealistic. Luckily, working online, in the comfort of your home, is one of the easiest things one can do. Additionally, not only will you have a chance to make a decent income, but you will also do something that you enjoy.
That’s not all, by working online, you get the freedom to work when and where you want. Research shows that the number of people working online is rising. This has also significantly impacted its popularity. Unlike some decades when the services you could offer were limited, today, the range of services have gone up. Luckily, here there is no one demanding to see your certificate, no! You can offer services which you have learnt through experience. To help you start, we have compiled the different ways in which you can make money online.
1. Academic Writing
Academic writing is one of the easiest ways to earn money online. Here, you will work on other people’s assignments. However, there are people who feel this task is not ethical. On the other hand, others believe it’s a genuine and ethical business. Usually, payment depends on the difficulty of the work, the education standards of the job, and the type of work you are doing. Work here includes essays, term papers, and projects. Therefore, It’s now possible to spend some time online in the comfort of your room and earn a fortune without any difficulty, helping others do their assignments.
However, you will need to be fluent in English, if you are working for clients living in Europe and know how to research properly. Moreover, you need to do the work within the required period. Secondly, academic writing is appealing since you can choose the areas you’re comfortable with. Also, you have an opportunity to outsource the work, if you own an account. Some of the legitimate sites for academic freelancing include;
- Uvocorp: It is one of the best sites. It pays better than most sites, and there are many orders when other sites experience low seasons.
- Writersbaty: On WriterBay, one can earn up to $20 per page. It such an excellent income earning tool for online writers.
- Academia-Research: Plenty of orders are available throughout the year, making it profitable for writers.
Other reputable academic writing sites include; Proficientwriters.com, Freelance careers, 4writers, Essay Writers, and Essay Jedi.
2. Articles and Blog Post Writing
If you find academic writing very demanding, you can try article writing. It is much easier, and the payment comes within a shorter time than academic writing. You may choose to write for blogs or for online clients who post them on their websites. Mostly, this kind of work needs little formality. You only need to learn to use an active voice in your sentences and understand to address the audience in the second person subjection. Article writing is professional and a genuine service. Additionally, you can pursue it as a lifetime career. In fact, it one of the best starting points if you’d like to become a writer. Here are the best sites for writing articles;
- Cracked: This site is good for pieces with humor. First of all, If you’re creative, you will get the opportunity to cash in some dollars, easily. They do not need any experience and will pay you if it’s good. Furthermore, it’s easy to sign up and also to get work
- What Culture: Opinion-oriented, it gives you cash on giving your say about entertainment coverage of users globally in a month’s period. Also, the site has a new system where they give writers money for every article they write. However, if you want to succeed on this site you need come up with original content and also, you must be willing to learn and research.
- iWriter: iWriter is probably the easiest to sign up and also to get work. The site offers you an excellent opportunity for writing articles and content. It is consistent with demand, so there is no fear of low seasons. Moreover, you need to clever here since the competition is high, while also there are some fake requesters. However, the pay is low and also few jobs.
3. Network Marketing
This business model allows you to get income in two different ways; recruiting other members who are going to sell and making commission, when you sell products. One of the best advantages of this type of online moneymaking is that it is not a pyramid scheme. It has an end goal which is a buyer purchasing the valued service. You need to know that while working this way, there is no shortcut, you need to work hard. The money will come to your side.
4. Online Surveys
Some people believe that online surveys do not pay. Forget the misconception. Online surveys pay quite well. There are many research companies which need studies for they need to get opinions about their services and products. A well-done study will give them a profound picture of what they need to do. By that, you will rip some good dollars. Here are some of the best website offering online surveys;-
- Swagbucks: This site is popular with young people trying to make money. You can get a variety of ways to get rewarded. When you sign up, you get a bonus at the start. They are a reliable site that also offer money for playing video games. Watching videos is payable too. Apart from cash, you can also get vouchers and prize draws. This site has good reviews from followers. Many people have found that doing daily surveys on this site provides a safe return. The survey takes about ten minutes. It means that in an hour, you can make about 4 dollars. If you don’t qualify for this survey, you can still earn consolidation points that will be useful when they accumulate.
- Toruna: This website is good for making sound opinions about products. All they want is to know your opinion about certain products, issues, and ideas. In this site, you can be rewarded free products, prize draws, and Amazon vouchers. If you earn about 4500 points, you will get about twenty dollar coupons.
- Vitatic: This site ensures that you earn money through surveys and other works such as data entries and review writing. This site only guarantees cash after you take a 15-minute survey. Although it will take you a while before you reach the threshold, the good thing is that there are extra money opportunities. You just have all the reasons to sign up.
- MySurvey: You can make 4-6 dollars doing surveys on this website. It ensures that popular consumer panels are looking for new participants in taking research. They’ll make Paypal payments, high-street vouchers, and Amazon vouchers.
- Survey Bods: You get about 4 dollars when you sign up and complete your profile on this website. It works with top companies needing your honest opinion. Amount per survey is about 4 dollars. The goodness with this site is that its surveys are easy to complete. If you don’t get honest, they are bound to know your means of getting the review because they have a strike system. You need to know that if you do three bad surveys, you lose the job.
Other remarkable sites to do surveys include The Opinion Panel Community, YouGov, Ipsos and Valued Opinion.
5. Sell Your Notes
There are some places where students buy and sell their study notes. As a student, one may have an uphill task to survive at school. There is no formal employment, but one needs to buy handouts or do any other school activity. There are online platforms that offer uploads of study notes which are obtained by other students once they access them. In just one year you would have made enough money on what you thought was not essential. The best site for selling your notes is Stuvia. It will ensure that you earn money for studying!
Tips to sell your notes:
- Offer the first notes for free. It will ensure you get enough readings that will enable you to get good ratings.
- Add some benefits. If you got some past papers or questions and answers, it’s good to upload them as they will be essential to students. It will attract you as a knowledge store.
- Upload some of your summaries on given topics that you have learned. Make sure to adjust the price so that it becomes easier for the students to buy.
- Let your audience know much about your knowledge store through liking and sharing your documents on their sites.
- You may use ‘Refer and Win’ marketing style on the profile to get more people know about your knowledge store.
6. Review Websites and Apps
Also known as usability testing, they are perfect online ways of earning money. You need to navigate websites thoroughly while giving a significant thought about them. As reviewing sites become popular, you can make money from your home quickly. Research shows there are about thirteen companies where you can sign up and start earning $15 for every 20 –minute of tests you complete.
7. Kindle e-Book Publishing
Many people think that publishing an e-book is a hard task. Luckily, it is easy. You only need to know that it needs one to follow some certain rules that are simple to master. Kindle is one of the most traditional ways of publishing your work. If you’re young, sometimes you may find it hard to print paper in well-established firms. Moreover, printing paper cannot make you cover a broad audience. It happens because shipping of books takes long. Additionally, many people do not know you.
Therefore, the best option is for you to start e-publishing. Which is not only easy but also it is probably one of the cheapiest. That is how you will find Kindle to be vital for upcoming writers. You need to write books of high quality to make the reader get excited about your works. The saying goes; ‘the better the book, the more the money you get.’ The following ways will help your book to stand out;-
- First of all , Create a Good Cover: If your cover compels the reader, you will automatically get an audience. On the internet, a person judging a book by its cover is a real thing. Don’t forget to make it attractive for the customers. The reason is, on the internet, there are many products. You only catch a person’s attention by making your cover conspicuous.
- Proofread and Edit Your Work: However reliable the content of your job is, you need to write it so that the reader can get an ample time while reading it. Use a readable language. Avoid using long sentences. One of the most recommended ways is always to use an active voice. Use apps like Grammarly Checker to find faults in your work. Avoiding typos and grammatical errors will prevent your customers from making negative reviews o your work.
- You Need a Suitable Description of Your Work: Selling books on Kindle is not about writing. It is more of marketing. Without a good description of your job, customers will not learn much about you. Writing a good story will make you convince them to read your work, and you will hear the dollars knocking.
- Create a Writer’s Profile: A good pattern will introduce you to customers in a positive way. Attach your photo to your profile so that the customers may connect it with reality. Adding a biography is also essential. You can also add a list of your books on your profile. By this, you will be speaking directly to your customers. Finally,
- Upload Book Trailers and Videos Online. You can do this on Amazon’s Author Pages. When featured, your work will sell like no chicken.
By doing this, you will have good reviews from your customers.
8. Review Music for Money
Another way of making money online is by reviewing music. If you got an ear for music, you could earn money for just listening to it. All you have to do is listen to music, leave your opinion on the site and then make money. This makes it not only easy but also enjoyable. However, you will surely not be rich from doing it, but you will earn some cash. If you are good at multitasking, you can get the music going as you think of ways to review it. Some of the best sites for music review are;-
- InboxDollars: This website has a long history of paying people for just reading emails of advertisers. Nowadays, the site has added a new service. It has launched radio service where they pay you for listening to it! They pay little. The trick is you can leave the radio on without hearing and earn more cash.
- SliceThePie: This website needs you to fill out your dislikes and likes about music before you start reviewing. You will get the advantage of cashing out your earnings or making an investment in new bands. All you need to do is listen to twenty seconds of a song and do the actual review. A few sentences are enough as long as they are valuable to the community.
- Hitpredictor: It rewards you points when you listen to music. Although the points are irredeemable for cash, you can use them to get music gadgets. It’s probably good for the young generation. Moreover, it allows trading your points for their raffles. They swap them weekly. For example, they have been doing raffles for $100 gift card on Amazon.
By entering contests, you can earn some extra dollars for your shopping. It’s possible to walk away with gadgets and cash prizes though not quickly. It’s important to know that if you won’t earn lots of money by just competing. You need to be skillful. Unlike surveys where you need to get opinions, in competitions whatever you do you need to better off than many people. Convince the judges. You will sure walk away with a sweet smile. Some risk-takers have turned competitions into jobs, and they enter as many as thirty contests in a day. The reason behind this act is that they get good returns. All you need to do is treat the competitions as your job;-
- Spend some time on a game every day.
- Get your system for personal sets. These can be spreadsheets or any other forms.
- You need a different email from your normal one. Competition notifications come in bulk. It can be a challenge if you mix the messages with your personal ones.
- Additionally, you need to work towards the primary target.
Even though you need to treat it as a job primary may need to get other ways of making money in case luck doesn’t come your way at times. Moreover, many gains will be material things, not cash. No one hates money. You need hard cash. Try it, though.
10. Buy and Sell Domain Names
This act is exciting, making images of finding hidden online treasures. There are tales of areas that were purchased a decade ago for eight dollars and sold now for millions. If done well, you may make a right amount of money. All you need is some few educational tips. They are below;-
- Narrow Your Focus: You need to know there are millions of domains registered out there. If you want to add new domain extensions, you may find it hard. You need to use what you already know. If you know of pets, healthcare or education, you think of some spaces using the knowledge.
- Understand Your Audience: You should not judge your audience based on economic status. For example, don’t think because lawyers earn a good fortune, your domain will entice them. You need to study them and learn the requirements to attract them.
- Search for Names that are Invaluable: If you think of a domain that may add value to a buyer, your domain will be a good asset for you. You can picture a person who can benefit from getting the domain in the common space you got. Ask yourself this way, if the individual were you and someone wanted to sell to you, would it be valuable to you? If so, how would it be?
- Find Essential Domains: After searching for the probable names, get a way to find the fields. The simplest way to do the act is by checking on the net to see if the names are available in real time for purchase. Don’t panic if they have are gone. You can go to the aftermarket and buy from people already owning them. You can also ask for individuals who let the domains expire because they no longer use the areas.
- Evaluate the Price: Use advanced search engines to compare the prices of the zones and discover the profitable ones. Finally,
- Find a Strong Distribution Network: Finding the potential buyer for your domain is good. You need to search for a valuable network. One good system is Afternic. When you list your domain on the website, you will expose it to millions of potential buyers in a month. After bidding, you will get a good amount of money.
11. Online Tutoring
. Becoming an online tutor is essential for stay-at-home dads and moms. It is also useful for students if they are well versed in various educational fields. Using tools like Tutor.com, you will connect with online students in different subject problems. The best thing is that you can choose the time you are available. The following are some of the best sites for online tutoring;-
- TutorVista: Before being a member of TutorVisa, you need to upload a good resume on your specialty. Moreover, you will also have to upload a cover letter before you apply for the post. It’s advantageous because when an employer hires you to teach his clients, you will do everything on his site. You will not worry about reaching the students. You will get enough money to do your shopping and relax at home.
12. Sell Clothes on eBay
You can maximize your income by selling your clothes on e-Bay. It started as a way of making a few closet but has turned into a profitable venture. The site is the largest online selling place. Research shows that eBay earns its users more profit than Craiglist. After a few bumps, you will get to the right track and start making yourself a fortune. Get some tips on how to be an active seller on eBay;-
- Select You Merchandise Wisely: First, make a thorough search through thrift stores. Make sure you place the price tag at a prominent place. Moreover, you need to clean the clothes before you sell them.
- Make a Research of Your Item on eBay or Other Places: You need to do a proper research of the item you want to sell to be able to know its selling ability. An issue with a good brand doesn’t guarantee a good sale. You can find characters of similar items from Amazon and other departmental stores’ websites. With a good search feature, you will be able to get useful information on the item you want to sell.
- Save Your Products and Sell at the Proper Time: For example, sundresses have a real market during the spring. If you want to sell scarves, the best time is during the winter. You can buy goods during the off-season and sell them when they are in high demand. It helps you to get much profit. Always ensure you got a brain for timing. You will notice that an attractive dress usually sell more at the start of December. People always want to look beautiful when they are partying. December is a good assurance of much partying.
- Determine the Right Price for Your Cloth: When bidding, you need to start at a higher price. This is because it is more likely that the buyer will start with a much low price. With correct bidding, you will be able to get profit. Determining a starting price is easy if you do much online research. If you find no one bidding during the auction period, it’s good if you start a new auction with a lower price. It’s the psychological way of winning the customers.
- Show Off Your Items with Sharp Photographs and Descriptions: For you to become a successful eBay seller, you need attractive photos of your items. More pictures of your items will mean more attraction to your customers. Add a good description to your items. Make sure it’s descriptive. It will cause the buyer imagine how he or she feels when wearing the item.
- Finally, don’t forget to be polite during the negotiations! Etiquette sells and builds a good reputation.
13. Upload Youtube Videos
Finally and probably, one among the easier is uploading videos on YouTube. Many people worry about the number of views needed to make enough money on YouTube. However, It’s simple. Viral videos make YouTube sales alive. You shouldn’t be basing much on the views, though, for it will get you scratch your head for a while. On average, a thousand pictures will earn you $1. You should also know that the money also depends on the engagement with the views. It means that if a viewer watches the video for thirty seconds, you will probably earn less than when he watches it for two minutes. The following are the ways you will make money on YouTube;-
- Set up a YouTube Channel: Having a channel will give you a presence on the site. You can create an account or sometimes it’s better to use a previous one. Make sure you have a suitable username as a bad one will work against you.
- Add Content: Secondly, add credible content. Make sure your video is of high quality before you upload it. Even if you feel your content isn’t great at first, remember that practice makes perfect. You will soon be having many viewers on your channel. So, to improve, you need a better camera and change the filming way you use. You can decide to use a tripod stand instead of shooting videos using your hands.
- Gain a Popular Audience: By uploading your content regularly, you will gain followers who will remain loyal if you increase your quality. Try to hook people by sharing your content elsewhere. Create links on Facebook. You may find a subscriber being a partner. Don’t forget to interact with your customers. Their views will enable you making videos to their level.
- Lastly, You Have to Monetize Your Videos: By this, you allow the site to place some ads in the uploading video. It enhanced by clicking the Monetization tab. After that, you need a Paypal account or a bank account that has a sound mailing system. Cash will start flowing your way.
There are numerous ways in which you can earn money online. The best thing is that there are no restrictions and few barrier to entry. Additionally, there are many options to choose from. Not only do these jobs offer you a platform to make some decent cash, you can also pursue them as careers. In fact, these days, almost every field, from engineering to accounting can be offered online. Apart from being a source of income, there are also other benefits, which include, freedom of working anytime, anywhere and also doing something you love. Furthermore, research is showing that the popularity of online working is on the rise. In fact, more companies are embracing it. This will not only make it popular but also the perception will change.